Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
query FA page 167 - drfuture
pox virus has it is own DNA dependent RNA polymerase for replication

shouldn't it be DNA depDNA poly to replicate its own DNA??????????????????

Any ideas!
This is because pox virus replication takes place in the cytoplasm and not the host nucleus like other dsDNA virus.
please improvise cuz I already know that >>>>loool cuz anyway in this way it will undergo transcription not replication
for any replication to occur in cyto rna polymersae is needed morover the pox virus replication is still poorly understood matter.BUt FA seems correct on this.
Replication of the poxvirus involves several stages. The first thing the virus does is to bind to a receptor on the host cell surface; the receptors for the poxvirus are thought to be Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). After binding to the receptor, the virus enters the cell where it uncoats. Uncoating of the virus is a two step process. Firstly the outer membrane is removed as the particle enters the cell; secondly the virus particle (without the outer membrane) is uncoated further to release the core into the cytoplasm. The pox viral genes are expressed in two phases. The early genes are expressed first. These genes encode the non-structural protein, including proteins necessary for replication of the viral genome, and are expressed before the genome is replicated. The late genes are expressed after the genome has been replicated and encode the structural proteins to make the virus particle. The assembly of the virus particle occurs in the cytoskeleton of the cell and is a complex process that is poorly understood but is currently being researched.

The replication of poxvirus is unusual for a virus with double-stranded DNA genome (dsDNA) because it occurs in the cytoplasm. Poxvirus encodes its own machinery for genome transcription, a DNA dependent RNA polymerase, which makes replication in the cytoplasm possible. Most dsDNA viruses require the host cell's proteins to perform transcription. These host proteins are found in the nucleus, and therefore most dsDNA viruses carry out a part of their infection cycle within the host cell's nucleus.

I guess this should do...lol...
well for a DNA virus to replicate mean to form DNA it needs a DNA dependent DNA polymerase not DNA dependet RNA polymerase that is my point.\

my question is not why pox virus replicate in the cytoplasm !!!

I mean that instead of saying

a DNA dependent RNA polymera makes replication in the cytoplasm possible

we should say

a DNA dependent DNA polymerase makes replication in the cytoplasm possible

u r 100 per cent right I totaly agree with u on what u said but we are not talking about the same problem
any other opinion
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »