Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggling with studying for Step 1 - working_hardforusmle
Doing the basics - Kaplan LN, FA 2012, Goljan RRS, UW

Yet I am still getting same (low) nbme scores. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Seems like the toughest thing to get these scores up a few points... I don't know where I am going wrong and getting discouraged as a result Sad Please help
anyone? Was hoping to get a few opinions on how to approach this...
Hi,
I think you should do DIT+FA. Try doing Kaplan Vidoes they are really nice. DO you have any study partner?that also helps, whats your score in UW?
hey..usmle is nothing but studying smart rather than studying hard. wat are ur nbme scores and when is ur exam???
plz do share this ...then we can have an opportunity to know ur standards and can give u suggestion.
Thanks for your reply, I am reading Kaplan LN page by page, and also doing the same with FA. No I am not working with a study partner at the moment. My UW avgs about 50% and sometimes 60%s ... I've done DIT in the past, but I didnt like how he skips around so that is why I resorted to reading FA on my own.
Gosh, my NBME scores are too poor to post Sad My aim for the exam is 2 months.
I could not tell from your post whether you did any NBME online. If not, Try to do one online to get some feedback on your weak subjects. And then you can work on those subjects.
Yes I have taken NBMEs online (7 and 11), I've also done some offline NBMEs. Thanks and I will try to focus on weak subjects/concepts.
Keep going hard on the things that youre not good at. Stay with it, you can do it. I think of like building a dam, sometimes we have to stop a patch some holes in order to continue, but in the end we can do it. Just asses what's really dragging you down and attack it form a fundamental level.
Thank you so much for the advices/words of encouragement. I will tackle this and let's all do it together. Thanks and best of luck to all of you in your studies!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »