Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats your opinion - chux2012
1st i want to congratulate you guys for making it to this level Smile

i am still preparing for step 1 but i have a query for you

i am using goljan and the kaplan series with the videos (for step 1)but

my study partner just told me that FA is enough for Pharmacology and Micro.

i need ur candid opinion pls as i dont want to regret leaving out some important info but i dont want to dwell on low yield materials.

i need ur response
FA micro as well as pharma is excellent, i wud advise u to read thoroughly from FA but do give kaplan a quick read through too......
FA is good enuf for micro, i hardly remember opening kaplan after I got to FA for Micro, also biochem.. most is covered in FA. Pharma, i had to go back to kaplan for a few things like mech. of action in detail but thats becoz I was very weak in pharma. We don't know wat stage of preparation u r in, but at the end u will feel the need to stick to FA and UW. Step 1 FA is very high yeild and covers a lottt( like master it with UW n u r good to go), something we r missing here in step 2.
@berserker & residency12

thank you very much,i appreciate

Goodluck in step 2Smile
THey are right! FA Micro and FA Pharm are more than enough. If you have read the Kaplan once and seen the video once you are better off just going through FA because you will have a really tough time memorizing all those stuff if you try to go through Kaplan again. As of me I was able to retain more doing FA. Just read Kaplan once and that's it. concept wise it gives you a few ideas.
Goljan audio is a must! do it again and again and again if you can he is really good in explaining patho phys in such a way that you will be able to remember them
Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »