Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is my chance of catching up? - ldahab
I am 2008 grad. passed CS 1st attempt ,shocked by CK score 208 1st attempt ,,hv not done step 1 yet ,plz advice me of the best way of improving my chance to residency,, I dnt hv visa issues ,,and hvnt done any USCE apart from volunteering in a free clinic ..plz help ..Is there any chance to apply this year and wt is the last date for me to take step 1 so I can be certified in the suitable time ..Thnx in advance
Where r u Iowa and Peppino?!!!!
plz help
Don't FK up and rush step one! Let these words become a part of you. All the other stuff such as paperwork is secondary.

dont rush it.
Study very hard for the step 1 and do it when u are ready.
As to whether u apply this year or not will depend on how soon u will take the step one and the other parameters in your application (USCE, LORS, publications etc). Nevertheless without step 1 and being IMG...its an uphill task. maybe apply to some few programs this year just to try your luck. But gotta be realistic
Do not apply and waste money. Take your time you are still fresh and step one is the true beast. Step 2 is considered easy when compared to it.
If you want to be eligible for this year you probably will have to finish your step by end of August.

If you have not started preparing for step 1 and you are to start now its going to be a difficult goal to meet.

I agree with what nrmp and docsammd are saying. Make sure you give your self enough time to get good scores on step 1 and 3 even if it means waiting until next years match.

But you gotta get USCE, without USCE you need to be a stellar candidate for many programs to consider you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »