Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lor - usmletest1264
I would like to know when Universities states they need 3 LOR's for Residency program, are those from USA physicians or LOR's from my professors from INDIA?
US physicians in an academic setting
so it means we need to work under a physician as on observer/volunteering and so on. What if we do not have any experience in USA, in that case how do we obtain LOR's from USA Physicians.
@usmletest1264
It can be from anywhere, but a lor from a us physician is much much better.
@1264: you can get US LORs by doing US Observerships, clinical research etc. You are in India dude, the country with arguably the biggest network of information for all such things. Many of my Indian friends know most of these things before they even arrive on US soil. You should look into tapping into that network.
@rabied... I appreciate any useful inputs...I do have lot of friends, it dosent meant I shouldnt post qns in this forum.. be kind enought to answer qns
you need hand on clinical exp , high marks and good LORs
@usmletest1264 - I'm trying ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd
@boardreview: Appreciate it...
you do not HAVE to have U.S. lors to apply however, U.S. lors hold MUCH more weight than foreign lors. Also, having U.S. clinical experience holds more weight than foreign experience in the CV. That being said, its not impossible to get interviews without it, but youd need very high scores and its definitely much more difficult without the USCE and US LORs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »