Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone in NYC wanna catch up. - rakeshk
Not offend anyone, I would like to apologize if this wasn't appropriate. I am an immigrant with not much friends around here. I work other days in the week and weekends are pretty anxious as my thoughts were about match all day.. So I thought of making some friends.

Good luck everyone, be kind to others !
I don't think that @donb's first intention was to offend, but to make a funny comment.
However, it results offensive or not empathic TO ME when:
1. He assumes that @rakeshk has acquaintances or family in the USA. Specially considering that most of us -if not all- in this forum are IMGs.
2. He assumes that @rakeshk is looking for sex, or is some kind of psycho just because he is looking to meet someone for a drink, a movie or a walk in NYC.

This is America. And I believe we came to this country to have a better life. Everybody has their own story, and everybody had to leave family, friends and more in order to come here. You do not know what another person might be going through, so try to respect everyone. And please leave all your prejudice or bigotry. This is a free country.

I wouldn't want to make a huge statement about this issue. It might've just been a lapsus. So guys, chill out and good luck in the Match!
@kopfschmerzen - great post and you hit the nail on the head of some of the homophobia and lewdness in posts by people here

@Rajeshk : Don't worry there is nothing wrong with your post or request. Some guys here who are used to using the (illegal) services of hookers are misinterpreting your post and making fun of you. Your story is the same story of anybody visiting a foreign country. I am guessing by your ID that you are from Pakistan? Maybe you can look for your community people in NYC, they will surely support you.
I don't wanna make friends. I guess that's a wrong idea and it's quite natural for someone to be scared in this anonymous forum. Just don't be abusive and offensive about anyone whom you don't know. Just because you are anonymous doesn't mean you can say anything and be happy about it.
As a person from other country you don't know what people here go through. Leaving behind family and all the fun and fighting for a goal. Volunteering in whatever work they get for that clinical or research experience and working in a gas station. I know somebody personally who owns a very big hospital back home and doing this just to fight all odds for his goal-residency.

If offending someone gives you that satisfaction you chose a wrong profession. If you don't like something convey that genuinely. Again what goes around comes back around. Be kind you will be blessed.
donb is very clearly on the DL ....
in NJ if you ever want to hang out
i think rakeshk wants to make friends in the professional forum not in the public forum as all of us are doctor here...that is not abnormal...i met some of you during my interviews because we discussed about this forum.....if u think that everyone is stranger and can not make a friend here how u can rely on their opinion regarding your questions here????they are strangers and maybe they lead you in a wrong way...so u trust them that is why u ask them your questions....
Rakesh is indian name, he is not from Pakistan
If I weren't so busy and if I were in to hanging out...I wont mind. Don't think any harm could come out of it...I have made some lifelong friends on this forum...don't think they meant to offend you...take it in good stride and smile...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »