Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mph ; good or bad - resi_hopeful
i am currently while preparing for step 3 doing a online MPH program.
do u guys think that will help me getting into residency?
I know someone who did mph and phd along with usmle and did externship 6months, got 7 interview but no residency. there is no guarantee
so what is the person doing then... does mph and phd get you a good paying job and a successful career in usa.
It can get you a descent job but not high paying......maybe a successful career too
ya so wud the max pay be around 40-50 k.

do u reccomend we go for PA then... PA is like 80-90 K/year if not more.
PA is better than mph and phd, u never know u can get resideny after being connected as a PA with doctor in hospital...one of my friend got into residency that way
oh interesting... i just had a meeting with a residency director and he was indicating.

if you do PA.... ur going to PLAN B----MEANS, u are giving up on residency---which shows bad impression on PD if you do apply.

if you do MPH---u r still in PLAN A---NOT GIVING up on residency, on the contrary u are enhancing your application...

very interesteing the way u put it though, i agree with u too..
@resi_hopeful wow! doing a PA means you're giving up on residency? Never knew PDs have this kind of idea.

But just playing a devil's advocate, why would they even think that you're giving up on residency if that's exactly what you're applying to in the first place? PDs should stop judging people based on what they did before applying for residency.
hope, good point.

they think that the fact u r going into PA---ur diveringing into a new field.. PA is clinically different... infact getting into PA is not easy at all.

if ur doing MPH...its somthing related to public health and ur enhancing ur application or thats how they think. i had lunch with this PD last week..and we talked about this issue for 2 hours...

for me, im doing my MPH anyways ..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »