Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3 Experience - drnish00
Sorry for the late post guys....had to party a little after the two day monster.

Hey Guys,

I took the exam on Aug 25th and 26th. My practice score 2 weeks prior was a 480 on NBME 3 and 234 on UWSA 4 weeks prior. I felt the exam was fair. The questions are a mix of long and short stems. The only block I had trouble on time was the first bc of nerves and second guessing myself and the last due to fatigue. The second blocks I felt were little easier but not by much. The exam is very similar to NBME forum 3 maybe a bit easier in my opinion. The CCS cases are straight forward. Pay attention to the prior history such as vaccination and screening. They are no harder than uworld most of my cases were similar to uworld ccs. I did mess up two cases bc I just freaked out but I ended up saving the patient just took longer than my other cases. Most of my CCS end very quickly as long as you follow protocol. Hope this helps.

Nish
Congrats on finishing drnish! I'm sure u did great Smile wanted to know how the biostats was on the exam? Is it ok just to do the uworld questions? Thanks in advance Smile
Just know NNT. I had a few questions on that.
Did you really find the exam somehow easier than NBME 3???? I scored 760 on NBME 3 and did not find it that difficult. But in my experience the exams are much harder than the NBMEs.

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck with your score!
IF you scored a 760 you do not need to study anymore go take the exam. That is a 270 plus of a score.
260 plus sorry
Although a NBME score of 760 (I got 22 questions wrong) might seem great, in my case NBME always overpredicts the real score. I am very nervous because I find step 3 the most challenging of all USMLEs.
drnish00: congrats! I can't remember anything from the exam except the CCS cases. I messed up one and I still can't figure it out! I figured one very last minute!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »