Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme ques........................ - perception
22. A 28-year-old African-American woman comes to the office because of low back pain and decreased urine output. She is a semiprofessional basketball player and she is married. She had one pregnancy 12 years ago that was uncomplicated and resulted in vaginal delivery of a term female neonate. Medications include oral contraceptive pills and a corticosteroid inhaler for asthma. She is 182 cm (6 ft) tall and weighs 88 kg (195 lb). Physical examination is normal except for a palpable lower abdominal mass that extends to the umbilicus. Speculum examination discloses a 3-cm ulcerative lesion circumferentially around the external cervical os. Bimanual examination shows a firm, nodular, central pelvic mass filling the pelvis and extending cephalad to the umbilicus. Rectovaginal examination confirms these findings. Stool is negative for occult blood. Which of the following is the most appropriate recommendation?

A) Arrange for laparoscopy
B) Do a cervical biopsy
C) Do an endometrial biopsy
D) Increase Pap smear screening to every 3 months
[E) Obtain pelvic ultrasonography]

Which NBme is this or do i just not remember this questions hehe?

I feel like that sounds like cervical cancer.. Papsmear than cerivical biopsy with a colpo!! Id say B.. is E correct not the NBME?? if yes please explain
i think it is from nbme1. i have confusion btw E and B. looking for inputs .?? thanks
it is from number 1 just checked!! i don't know why you would put US but this site says its right either US or CT

http://radiopaedia.org/articles/carcinoma-of-the-cervix
thank you. more thoughts pl ??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »