Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confused about 7-year rule for steps ...URGENT!! - mayflower224
Hello all,

Just had a quick question for anyone who can provide an accurate response.

Attempts On step 1: aug 2006, Oct 2007, Apr 2008----> Passed on 3rd attempt.

Attempts on Step 2 CS: may 2007, passed on 1st attempt.
Attempts on Step 2 CK: Aug 2010, Apr 2013, Aug 2013, May 2014, Scheduled for Dec 2014.

Now I call ECFMG and they are saying that I need to retake the CS exam( already passed) again before Apr 2015...if not I will need to retake Step 1 AGAIN as well.

I contacted NBME who said I do not need to pass CS again... it is a state board requirement and not an ECFMG requirement, so Im completely confused...becos I have applies and paid in full for the CS exam, and it has been over a month and I have not yet received a permit from them. Who should I contact to get a legit response? I have written to NBME board, and awaiting their response.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Im really worried that if i dont get my permit in time, I will be unable to get a date for me to take the CS exam in time to avoid retaking step 1 again.

Kindly let me know if you know what to do in this situation or who to contact for some answers.

Thanks in advance!
You have to complete step1,step 2ck& step 2 cs within 7 yrs period.time start from ur first exam pass day like your step 2 cs passed April 2007 and expire in April 2014 if you not complete 3 exams.ecfmg will not give you MD if you cross that time.so give step 2 cs again soon.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »