Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens once the USMLE score are > 7 years - fallingstar
I passed my USMLE step 2 CK in 2010.
USMLE step 1 and step 2 CS in 2012, ECFMG.. (2012)
USMLE step 3 in 2014

DO I have to or can I retake step 2 CK in 2017 ?

This is my third year for trying to get into residency.
So far I know many states do not give license if USMLE's are more than 7 years !!! Is it true ? what happens then ?

Would really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.
How can you be so pessimistic. 2017 is still a long time, so much can happen before then.
Once you are ECFMG certified YOU CANNOT RE_TAKE ANY STEP !!!. If a state does not gives a license then you will have to research which states does and apply there.
The restriction most states have is that you must PASS ALL of your USMLEs within a 7-10 year period for licensure. Since you have passed all the USMLEs, you don't have to worry about the state's restriction concerning that issues. It has nothing to do with the year of application for the license. Just that the USMLE was passed from Step 1 (when the clock begins) to Step 3 (which has to be within 7-10 years for most states). What the state is trying to avoid is students who took step 1 more than 10 years ago or have failed steps so many times that it is taking them more than 7-10 years to pass all the Steps.

So your only action needed now to get a state's license is to do post graduate trainings as required by each state (some states only require one year like Wisconsin and most require 3 years of postgraduate training for a license)
Here is a quick list of states and their requirements

https://www.medicallicensuregroup.com/states/

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »