Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best resources for step2 ck please. - pedram
which book for study is better? caplan notes? master board? first aid? or other books? please help. because qs is become very very hard after 2014, and all students cry after exam. thank you guys.
The best book would be STOP being NEG and be POSITIVE in life. GL
Jenab aghayeh Pedream

Dont worry what others do after exam. You not them and they not gone take exam for you. You take the exam.

When studying for USMLE you will hear many different types of advice from many different people. Some tell you to do all the questions you can. Some will tell you to study from all long list of different sources.
Almost no one gives you the key advice that success stems not from following some preset routine, but by tailoring your study materials and your efforts to match your particular personal needs. One size does not fit all.
You need to find a set of materials you can believe in and master them. Then, you need to do practice questions and use the guidance of those you get wrong to tell you what you need to go back to to re-review.
Finally, you need to be able to think on your feet and do the clinical reasoning which current USMLE questions require. This is not about pure memorization, but about learning to apply the knowledge you have mastered to solve the clinical issues which the exam will present to you.

The same clinical reasoning issues are now essential for both Step 1 and Step 2 CK. Clinical reasoning is based on a good basic science foundation. Hard work is a part of your preparation, but most important is finding a study system that matched what YOU need.
From wise Dr.
@cardio: well said, very very well said.

@perram: I can only tell you books I don't know they are better or the best. I would say Kaplan and MTB 2/3 both are needed. I personally followed FA but most of the doctors don't need it. So again depends on people to people. Questions are always hard dear. If I was to Give exam 10 years back or 10 years later I would say the questions are very hard. Bottom line is one can never say the questions were easier. People crying after exam; is their way of expressing. Some express by crying some express by smile some by sleeping for days and some by drinking alcohol.
Firstly, gather resource, start studying, do UW and give mock tests and face the test.
GL and happy studying
thank you guys for comment. i passed step1 but compare with 2 or 3 years previous qs they were 3 lines but all qs in 2014 overall near 7 -8 lines respectively. when i did block 1 2 3 thought test takers give us 5 4 3 line qs but all 7 blocks 7 -8 lines. i wanted to report to HUMAN RIGHTS about it!!!!!!!. goodluck. thanks and keep in touch.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »