Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sincere advice please! - fyz786
hello everybody!
can any good soul help me making a better decision.i could not pass step 1 in the first attempt and in the 2nd attempt i scored 217. feeling very depressed at the moment,i need to know if there is any chance of me getting into any residency plan if i pass next steps n i should continue my studies for step 2 or should i switch to something else. do i have any other option...please help!
Why do you come up here and ask an interesting question. Is your Goal/dream/aspiration to be a medical doctor?
Abraham Lincoln did not win the presidency several times but one day, it was his time. Why give up before you even start.
I don't mean to sound this way but come on, if you don't believe in yourself who then will.
So my advise: Keep moving.
oh i meant did not win several elections but one day won the presidency and so can you be who you want to be. Just don't give up. Even if you keep falling, you get back up again.
@fsparks,
thanks for ur inspiring words but i just watched couple of videos n some friends told me that many pds dont even consider ur application if u have any failed attempt. thats what disturbing me.i would definitely try my level best but if i did not have anything in the end;.... wanna make best use of this time.....i appreciate ur words.
i have that one friend who got a 252 and another who got a 239, both IMG. Who do you think got the residency spot in Anesthesiology. The one with the 239. A program director is just a human being like yourself, your personality can pave ways that no one can attain. Forget what you watch or what people tell you, how you see yourself getting that big price is what matters.
Do well in step 2. Conrad Fisher told my class that the first score that pops up on any program directors screen, is your step 2 score. Thats your defining moment right there even before they begin to dig into your step 1 scores.
Agree with fsparks, it is true,... I know 3 people who failed their Cs , and now they are accepted in residency ....one of them is in Anesthesiology( step 1 94,step 2 86, second attempt in Ck, the other two are in Internal med(step 1 246,step2 242, Cs second attempt). and Family medicine( step 1 92,step2 99, CK 3rd attempts.)

Many people are not telling that they are failed , just keep going and do better in your Step 2 CK.

Good Luck Smile
@ fsparks & us2015,
thank u guys , ur words means a lot, feeling motivated towards my goal...
Hi. First and foremost: Dont get disheartened with ur step 1 attempt. Second score high on ur step 2 CK and try to pass CS with high performance. Try ur best to finish step 3 before u apply for residency as that is the only way to cover up a failure.Third I Recently appeared for my step 2 CK exam in october and scored 258. Since then I have tutored students for this so unpredictable exam. I am well versed with the recent changes the exam has brought in and will be more than happy to tutor you for this monstrous exam. My course lasts for 6weeks and I spend atleast 4 hours daily with the student. I lay special emphasis on physio, pathophys, patho before discussing the management. I also make a schedule for the uworld for the student to follow in the 42 days. If u follow; the schedule you will see a spike in your assessments. PM me or skype id usmletutor3 for a free demo.
Step 1 :253
Step 2: 258
CS: high performance in CIS, ICS, SEP
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »