Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Usmle step3 exam attempt limit - mimms
Dear friends,
Congratulations for who are matched and best of luck for who didn't.
My question is- to get licence in california state the usmle step3 attempt limit is 3 but i have 5 attempts in step3. Some body wants to help me to get residency in california but i am not eligible for california medical board certification, is it possible to do residency in that state and is it possible to get initial training licence to do residency thare without board certification.
If it's possible i will finish residency and move to other state to practice.
Please friends clear my doubt.. I cann't able to find answers for this question not even in google with extensive research.
Thank you.
Hello mimms

Unfortunately if you are not eligible for PTAL application I am afraid you cannot do an residency in california. I am also currently in the process of waiting for my PTAL so I am able to answer your question. So sorry for that.
Thank you so much for your reply.
Hello mimms,

I just wanted to clarify again if you are saying that you are eligible for PTAL and not eligible for board certification if that is the case and you are having PTAL then yes you can complete a residency here and for board certification somewhere else. But I guess it also depends on the program where you are doing residency if they are OK with you having as a resident although you are not eligible for board certification in california. Hope this helps
Thank you pj311,
So i can get PTAL letter and can do residency in california if the collage accepts me.
Thak you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »