Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 17 question??? - chikoo
3 a 35 year old man comes to the physician because of a 4 day history of a high grade fever, severe muscle aches, malaise, loss of appetite and a nonproductive cough. his wife and his two children had a similar illness. 39C, no other abdn. a complete blood count and a chest x ray show normal findings. the causal virus replicates its genome within cell nucleus. which of the following is the most causal org?
a influenza virus
b poliovirus
c rabies
d reovirus
e rsv
f vaccinia

y is ans REOVIRUS AND not INFLUNZA VIRUS..I THOUGHT INFLUENZA virus replicates in nucleus..
a all rna replicate in cytoplasm except influenza and retroviruses
exctaly than y is the it reovirus the right ans??
reoviruses replicates in cytoplasm also reovirus causes diarrhea or colorado tick fever nothing to do with this patient's symptoms
remember reovirus is no the same as retrovirus
rey17.. i knw reovirus replicates in cytoplasm than y is the ans reovirus???
i dont knw but that;s the ans i found on other forums..doesnt explain y ..i marked influenza n i got it wrong
I think the point is the normal leukocyte count, I might be wrong, but I got this incorrect too and I think reoviruses do not increase lymphocyte count, where influenza viruses do. I just remember it from a question from one of the banks. If you guys come across the answer let me know.
Chikoo did you pay for extended? I marked influenza and it was not among my wrongs,that means influenza is correct
chickoo is a cheeky b**tard, giving wrong answers
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »