Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one taken the 5 day Kaplan course? -
Med

How as it helped you? What parts of the course are of benefit? I want to take it but wanted to make sure because of its cost, I get the most out of it. Anything I should do before I take the course, study any material...

Med
Med

Also, where should i stay, I tried looking up hotels, but there aren't any cheap ones in Rutherford, NJ. I want to stay close as possible.
sharp

Stay in College;s Hostel.
Thats the best, coz you wont have time, as entire thing is hectic.
you wont even have time to drink coffee with peace.
Good luck!
sharp

Read the guide before going to rutherford, thats how you can make use of it efficiently.
Thorough=dedication
Good Luck
Try

Is this 5-day course worthwhile the money we have to pay? Please share your experience if you have taken. Thanks.
rea

my sister toook the course bcz she failed and she lost her residency position bc zof that but she got at a better place when she pass after she toook kaplan but i just watched those vide and went through notes and pass without going to th e course bcz it was 1200 dollers ..icouldnt afford..but after watching videos u can go with full confidence its greta ..usmle world cases r goood tooo..for more info mail me at rehan_farooq7
CSA take - lwye@netzero.net

I took this course but I failed. it is a good course, but you still need to prepare youself.
Terry - teruyan777

Hi I took the course and think it helped me a lot. I was also skeptical about it but my friend strongly suggested me to take it. Of course $2500 was really painful, but all you need is to pass, not the highest score, right? Then you would have to know at least how much you should go through. The course would teach you that. They have good mnemonics and teach you how you should deal with them. I also loved their way how to do physicals quickly. For example, you would be able to do a cranial nerve exam in 30 sec! (If you can do that now, forget about the course). The most attractive feature of the course is a 10-case practice exam. It really helped me to learn how short 15 min+10min is, and how quickly you should go through. Alternatively, you can take USMLEworld CSA and self practice, but I think Kaplan is much more reliable. If you definitely want to pass at once, Kaplan is highly suggested. Good luck.
rehan

if u need video and cases i have it mail me rehan_farooq7
sana - sana_faraz_

yes the course & cds & 20 cases help alot
i took it online from caraz_doc76@yahoo

i suggest u should

good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »