Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need genuine advice pls - usmlesmiles
Hi I've been studying for Usmle on and off . Like an year ago I started and did few nbmes too where I scored below 200. And then some things came up and I gave up I just wasted time for almost an year . But now looking to start over again with FA 2016 and later uworld . I want to finish it by end of August . Do u think I will be able to do it ?? And what should my resources be? FA and uworld and pathoma or anything else too?

Pls kindly suggest me I don't want to be lost again .
Thankyou
Hello
Hi I didn't take my exam yet but I may be you will benefit from my advice.

1-Mainly FA and UWorld main resources.
2- Biochem Kaplan is amazing for extra illustration I really liked it especially for metabolism. For molecular I used random youtube videos and FA .
3- BRS physiology I used it for CVS and RS mainly, but for other chapters I used it side by side with FA, like whenever I didn't get a point very well I would go back to it.
4- Pathoma for pathology it was very helpful for general pathology and for hematology.
5- Ethics , the 100 cases by conrad fischer are very important.

I hope you get it done this time Smile never ever ever ever give up. Just keep trying over and over until the very last minute.

As I have been hearing from a lot of people mastering FA an uworld is all you need and honestly it aint an easy job either lol. But limiting resources can help you focusing more.

Best of luck.
Thank you so much . Appreciate taking time for me. Il follow that. Looks like a good plan.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »