Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To those who failed the CSA -
ani

Hi folks,

Seems a lot of people have failed the CSA lately and unless those that pass are keeping quiet it seems the CSA pass rate in this forum is falling?

Just to allow us all to learn from each others experience I was wondering...is there any correlation between the candidates subjective assessment at the end of the exam and the final result? I.e. did those who failed actually think they had a problem during the exam that they were worried about? Did this match the area they failed on the final report? Is there anyone who failed that was really surprised to fail (i.e thought he or she aced the exam but result came out a fail?) or did most people have reservations from the time of the exam? What could you have done differently if you took the same test again?

Thanks
Dr. Kaposi

In his Kaplan CSA workshop Dr. Swartz mentioned that it was the intention of ECFMG that the pass rate will be further reduced from now around 80% to 70% soon and possibly even down to where the the steps1 and 2 are now.

Sorry to deliver this bad new, it might also have affected myself. I failed on the Kaplan Simulated CSA exam in the patient note and physical exam section but felt I did better on the actual exam. I really hope I have passed. From what I have heard, people who felt bad have passed and vice versa. Not sure if there is any correlation... Best of luck to everyone!
Dj

I just gave my csa. I did do a couple of bleeps in say about two to four cases. Suppose i couldnt do an ophthalmoscopy in time for a diabetic or HTN pt i did mention it in my pt note. The Com part is not all that easy. Your communications need to be good in the current era, adequate wont do.
I have posted my experience about the CSA and should God forbid i flunk it will be a real sore experience as i did pretty OK. But like u said guys who done good have flunked.....
dio - dio

Hi, I also failed my CSA on july... I thought that I could do it, and of course I always believed that I would pass it.
Yesterday I took it again...
I hope to pass it this time, I don't know what to do, just wait!
Do you know how low is the pass rate rigth now?
bye
shri

I also failed csa in june , I was satisfied with my exam all the way. I thought It would never happened to me,but it happened...still now I dont know what went wrong.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »