Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VISA for elective: B1/B2 (Urgent) - docsan28
I have applied for B1 visa for an elective and have my interview next week. Should I say I am going for elective or observership? Is it true that B1 is not for electives? will I have to apply for student visa? Pls let me know your experience as I am very nervous. Thanks!
Just be honest with them, some of them are friendly, some of them are mean, so it all depends if u get a friendly person or a mean person who gets beat by his wife and comes to work all b*tchy and is getting alopecia from stress
I don't think they will grant you B1/B2 as this visa for business/tourism. Elective is a school work, they might require you to obtain F1, however you will not be able to do so through the hospital. But you try and see, who knows. But my understanding is that you don't meet B1/B2 requirement.
Actually they probably will give you B1 visa. I am in Carib school and im doing my clinical rotations in Michigan. They gave me B1. You should just say going for clinical rotations or clinical clerkships. I doubt they understand the difference between elective, core, observership, etc.
thanku @pinochioishere for your honest opinion!
thanku @usmleusmle1231 since I've already applied for b1 and have my interview in 5 days, i really cant do anything. Hard luck
thanku @zlatka81 all I can do is, say that it is an observership. I am at a loss presently, don't know what to do
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »