Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any kind advice please - seemal
Hi everyone.I am kind of confused and I hope people who are in this match can help me out.I am a graduate of 2013, my usmle step 1 and 2 scores are 225 and 220. I am planning to apply this year for match. I have experience of working in my country and I have lors. I did one year internship too.Is there hope for me that I could get interviews if I apply in IM or no chance at all.
And I am img
Try to pass step 3 before applying , it will help you alot specially if you could get a high score , do externship and get LOR from US physicians since LOR from your home country are not very helpful. and the most important issue is connection,connection and connection. good luck
@step3done2017
Thankyou for valuable adviceSmile
Well you have a good chance but again I would suggest to apply in Pediatric as a backup. you need to do externship and observership in IMG's friendly community programs.

Good Luck1
visa status? If u are a US IMG or have GC, you are good to go!! if you don't try to do externships n the US!

If you want to get match you need to have USCE experience a lot and the LORs from US will be having more value than home country LORs. Try to gain US LORs which will be helpful for the match.
If you need visa and your yog is too far for family.
Go for IM , peds and other specialities got harder because
Of fewer spots

Get usce and if you need to apply for visa do it now Becuase
They r changing the immigration system iaccording to the news
Look at each program you r interested in and follow their requirements good luck
I need visa as I am img from Pakistan. I will be applying for pediatrics as it is less competitive then internal medicine.I will try to get lor from us hospitals.
Thanks you everyone for your valuable inputSmile

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »