Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
omg i matched!!!!!!!!!!!!! - usmleishard
@pinochioshere can you please share your credentials.
I matched too! so amazing!
good for you
great
@akada1..can you please share your story. I am also a very old graduate but did not match.
Congrats. I matched as well, its a great feeling!!
congratulations!!! can you please tell me what other things you did other than scribbing? did you have any researchs? or anything that made your application stronger?
@dreamerdr

I had some research in undergrad and a small project in med school, nothing published. I had a lot of volunteering and work experience, and I believe my LORs and personal statements were strong. My advice is to focus on being passionate about something in your chosen specialty during interviews. Sometimes it’s hard if you are too nervous or stressed, but if you talk about something you love doing the interviewers can see how much you enjoy the program. Having a solid application certainly helps but once you are invited for the interview, how you perform there is the most important thing. I know people who did MPHs or MBAs or research degrees and also matched, but I don’t think these add much extra unless you can talk about how it will make you a better doctor/resident.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »