Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immunology concept - Th1 vs. Th2 vs. Th17 - coolcat234
Hi there, I am somewhat having difficulty understanding some of the immunology concepts.

My question is can Th1, Th2 and Th17 can simultaneously be produced? The reason I am asking this question is it seems like Th1 and Th2 polarize each other. However, in a viral reaction, wouldn't you need both Th1 and Th2 response? Th1 response would be needed for Cd8 T cell activation and Th2 response would be needed to produce neutralizing antibodies.

Thanks so much.
Th1 stimulate immune system
Th2 inhibit immune system
Helper t cells are th1 and th2 which are cd4
Cytotoxic t cell is the cd8 cell
coolcat234 : genuine q, came to my mind as well Big Grin then had little search and found out that:

Although when TH1 is triggered(intracellular or viral infection) TH2 is either shuts off or doesn't get activated at all.
But,during viral infection, ((usually aggressive ones, as mild viral infections are cleared out sooner and easily by TH1 arm only,but to involve TH2 arm ,it needs strong stimulus i.e overwhelming viral infections)) ,along with TH1 arm activation , TH2 subset also gets activated via IL4 and IFN gamma, to class switch to IgG2a which creates memory for that particular viral infection.

Its bit complex to understand i think but yes when body gets virus, it has memory or future as well. so th1/th2 both are involved.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »