Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weired CK experience and advice - aahmed123
Hello everyone,

I am IMG with YOG 2008; I took my step 1 last year; scored 234; studied for CK and took it 10 days ago. Despite I had practiced a lot; on my NBMEs I had 228, 228 and 215 (NBME 7) with I got disturbed and could not complete.) My UWSAs 1 and 2 were 243 and 230. On the exam I fell behind and either left blank or picked random 3-5 question of each block. Now, it is more than a week and I am still in shock. Don't know what will happen. I really feel I might fail due to those missed questions due to time constraint.
I want some honest advice and opinions what to do if Fail or pass it with a really low score.
Should I retake the test (in case of failure), go a head with CS and apply, or I don't have a chance to find residency. I have to mention that I have been thinking of going to NP school (takes me less than 2 years due to my Nursing degree and experience), becoming a family nurse practitioner and practice rather than going through these.
Has anyone else had such an experience of running out of time and not reaching to all questions?
I think you should start preparing for cs, you would be fine as you had good scores in practice exams.please share your result with us when you got it
Ahmed, obviously you will need to get your results back to make decision on what to do next. You can't go back and change the past, but don't ruin your present free time worrying when you don't even know if you passed it or failed it. Don't waste precious time when you can't really do anything until you get your results. Enjoy it and come up with a Plan A and B, seems like you already have taken care of that too so just work on relaxing yourself. There's no need to stress extra.
I got my score today; it is a pas but really low: 212. I was sure I am going to fail but thanks god I dont have to repeat it.

any advice on what to do next! Do I have a chance for residency with 234 on Step 1 and 212 on CK?
Congrats on passing ..Please tell us about your preparation resources , tips, advice and study schedule.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »