Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3 CCS experience - ohiodoc88
Out of the 13 cases, 12 cases I knew the diagnosis and 1 case I had no freaking idea what it was and completely screwed up the case.

Out of the 12 in 11 cases I put it all the requried orders, and location change, and monitoring orders and followed the diagnostic algorithm. Knew the diagnosis, so didnt end up wasting time and in 9 of my cases my patient got better, and the other 2 it was more of screening and they didnt have any acute complaint but figured out the underlying condition and treated or managed accordingly.

In one of the case, and this was my first 10 min case. I realized due to the softwatre lag compared to UWORLD, the real time is more like 6 min in uworld and its really challenging. I knew the diganosis but unfortunately didnt realize the time, I put other orders required for the case and counceled but there was another important diagnosis I had to treat but I only was able to put the dianostic study and not the treatment, since i couldnt forward the clock for the result and 2 min screen popped up. So I have no idea how much this would affect.

Anyone who took the exam, if you did well on 11 cases optimal management with pt improving in 9 of them, and 1 case suboptimal, and 1 case pretty much screwed up how much would this affect? The MCQ part went okay for both days, slightly feel better about Day 2 versus Day 1.

I am just hoping the CCS portion can cover the defict of MCQ portion. Day 1 wasnt terrbily bad but i cant say i feel so great about it. Day 2 MCQ was somewhat better but still challeging next step managment and prognosis. Just hoping that i can at least score 215.
How bad was the lag on the computer between giving each order?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »