Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study plan ideas for step and comlex?
Taking them both in June hopefully, I got uworld, which I plan on using more as a learning resource than a question bank. What other resources should I use?
(01-24-2024, 11:49 PM)Mammiform Wrote: Taking them both in June hopefully, I got uworld, which I plan on using more as a learning resource than a question bank. What other resources should I use?

oh wow how are you doing both?
When planning your study approach for USMLE Step and COMLEX, it's crucial to create a structured and comprehensive study plan tailored to your individual needs and timeline. Here are some study plan ideas to consider:

Set Clear Goals: Define your goals and objectives for the exam, including target scores and timelines for preparation.

Assess Your Strengths and Weaknesses: Identify your strengths and weaknesses by taking a diagnostic exam or self-assessment to guide your study plan.

Choose High-Quality Resources: Select high-yield study materials such as review books, question banks (e.g., UWorld, Kaplan), and online resources (e.g., Boards and Beyond, SketchyMedical) that align with your learning style.

Create a Study Schedule: Develop a detailed study schedule that outlines daily and weekly study goals, allocating time for content review, practice questions, and self-assessment exams.

Focus on Active Learning: Utilize active learning techniques such as spaced repetition, concept mapping, and teaching others to reinforce understanding and retention of key concepts.

Practice Regularly: Incorporate regular practice sessions with timed, exam-style questions to build test-taking skills and familiarity with the exam format.

Review and Reflect: Review your progress regularly, reflect on areas of improvement, and adjust your study plan as needed to address weak areas and maximize efficiency.

Manage Stress and Self-Care: Prioritize self-care activities such as exercise, adequate sleep, and stress management techniques to maintain overall well-being and focus during the study period.

Seek Support and Guidance: Reach out to peers, mentors, or online communities for support, advice, and accountability throughout your study journey.
if you need guidance on comlex my brother is a do and he tells me he is using cseclinic for comlex and he wants to take usmle as well so cseclinic works for both according to him good luck
(03-16-2024, 09:30 AM)logictech12 Wrote: if you need guidance on comlex my brother is a do and he tells me he is using cseclinic for comlex and he wants to take usmle as well so cseclinic works for both according to him good luck drift hunters

But, in general, the COMLEX is considered slightly harder because it's longer, usually has an additional exam (it's postponed indefinitely currently), tests more material, and is less predictable.
The suggestions you mentioned above are impressive. Although the topic may not be new, the article presents reasonable and modern arguments.
(03-16-2024, 03:51 AM)Certainly! Here are some study plan ideas for Step and COMLEX: Wrote: Set Clear Goals: Define your target scores and establish realistic study goals to guide your preparation.
Utilize High-Yield Resources: Focus on high-yield study materials such as review books, question banks, and online resources recommended by peers or advisors.
Create a Structured Schedule: Develop a structured study schedule that allocates dedicated time for each subject area and allows for regular breaks to prevent burnout.
Active Learning: Engage actively with study materials by taking notes, creating flashcards, and teaching concepts to others. Actively participating in study groups or discussions can also enhance learning.
Practice Questions: Incorporate practice questions into your study routine regularly. Practice exams simulate real exam conditions and help identify areas of weakness for targeted review.
Review and Reinforcement: Regularly review previously covered material to reinforce learning and retention. Focus on understanding concepts rather than memorizing facts, and utilize spaced repetition techniques for efficient studying.
Assessment and Adjustment: Take self-assessment exams periodically to gauge your progress and adjust your study plan accordingly. Identify areas needing improvement and prioritize additional study time for these topics.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »