Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any hope of getting aresidency? -
BAAP

Hi,
I passed the step 1(76) and csa at one sitting while it took me three attempts to pass step 2 ! even with score of 76. However, I have a PhD in Pharmacology/Toxicology from a U.S school with publications in reputable journals as well as having the green card. I applied to 30 programs (FP & IM). I have hitherto received six rejection emails. Attempts at speaking to few programs have not made any difference. What can I do in view of my repeated attempts b/4 passing step 2 and low scores . Is there any hope?
img

very low scores, what can I say?
how come you're a PhD? didn't that help you at all?
sbendre

Try scrambling after the match for programs that usually go unmatched. also, try to scramble in 2-3 different fields, keep 2-3 different personal statements ready, that is if you are not keen on aparticular specialty. If u go unmatched this year, try to do an observership or externship at a local hospital. I guess that should help. Keep trying as everybody eventually gets a residency.
good luck.
sidney

have faith, my scores were both just above passing and I got 2 prematches. remember the movie PULP FICTION: "Personality goes a long way..."
syed - dr_ommarhassan

hi ..my score is 87 in step 1 in second attempt and preparing for my step 2 which i am about to give . i gradauted in 1998 1999 . wat r my chances of getting res . 2004 match
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »