Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
california -
samurai

Hi everybody

I'd like to get a residency position in california, but that state requires an authorization from CA medical coucil. They have to check FMGs background before. Is it hard to get that paper ? Did anyone here got a residency in california state ?
New York is an option too, but I fear about expensive housing there.... What do U think ? Does anyone has an experience about NYC ?
Thanks
shanghai

My friends did residency in NY.....lived in shared apartment to cut cost. By the way, they pay you more to cover high cost of living in NY. Also, who gave you the idea that California is cheaper than NY? Go to salarycalulator.com and check out cost of living.
Raymond Dewri - raymonddewri

Dear Doctor:

I finished medical school in California and did residency in Brooklyn, New York in General surgery and emergency medicine.

We enjoyed living in New York. You may have harder time getting into a residency slot in California. I think that the positions are more competitive. More foreign graduates are finding residency training spots in New York, especially in the city hospitals. New York training hospitals will pay lot more than residency training hospitals in California. This will help to offset the cost.

Good luck to your future plans.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »