Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early application -
BrazDoc - roger_moreira

Hello everyone! Perhaps you guys can help me out with a few questions I have. I´ve heard that there will no longer be any pre-match positions this year. Being so, will it still be so crutial to apply as early as possible (august)... Would mid/late september still be consider an early application... what would be the latest date at which you could send the application without being concerned about having applied late. And my last question is about the pros and cons of applying with only one step score (step 2 - a high score). Thanks a lot
Weiver

In order to apply you must be an ECFMG qualified, when they screen applications and if you are not ECFMG qualified, then they will automatically drop your application.
med95

Most programmes I have contacted regarding Internal Medicine Residencies do not require ECFMG certification for you to apply...some do but they are the minority. All most programmes require is that you have completed Step 1, 2 and the CSA by the time the Rank order list is submitted which is Mid February 2004.......I believe. So go ahead and apply if you do not you are doing yourself a diservice.
Michael

I encountered similar problem right now. Please refer to my post "ECFMG certificate advice."
When programs ask for a valid ECFMG certificate, does that mean you need to have it before you can apply (before they will even download your application) or you need to have it before the ranking? Thanks
Also, I have completed all the requirements but I have not yet graduated from medical school until Dec. It will be too late to lodge my application then right? Do you think I should lodge my application early or until I receive my certification?
If anyone had similar experience before, I would really appreciate if you could provide me with some advice. Thanks alot
Michael

I encountered similar problem right now. Please refer to my post "ECFMG certificate advice."
When programs ask for a valid ECFMG certificate, does that mean you need to have it before you can apply (before they will even download your application) or you need to have it before the ranking? Thanks
Also, I have completed all the requirements but I have not yet graduated from medical school until Dec. It will be too late to lodge my application then right? Do you think I should lodge my application early or until I receive my certification?
If anyone had similar experience before, I would really appreciate if you could provide me with some advice. Thanks alot
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »