Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jhbjhg - antigen11
A colleague asks you to evaluate a 62-year-old woman for occasional palpitations and dizziness for the past two years. An event monitor was used, which recorded several short runs of monomorphic ventricular tachycardia and during which the patient noted palpitations and dizziness. Six months ago, the patient underwent a cardiac catheterization, which was essentially normal. Her past medical history is significant only for a hysterectomy. Her blood pressure is 132/66 mm Hg, heart rate is 72/min, and respirations are 14/min. The physical examination is normal. All recent laboratory tests, including thyroid, cholesterol, and electrolytes are within normal limits. The EKG reveals a normal sinus rhythm at 70/min. An echocardiogram is normal. Which of the following statements is true regarding this patient?

(A) The patient should be reassured and sent home on a beta-blocker
(B) The patient's condition is associated with a high incidence of sudden cardiac death
© The patient requires electrophysiologic studies (EPS)
(D) Placement of an implantable defibrillator is indicated
(E) Stress echocardiography is indicated at this time to assist in the management of this patient's condition
i think its b..
Except the Pulse Pressure and Occasional Symptoms the complete Examination is Normal (Labs, Thyroid, Cholesterol, Electrolytes, ECHO plus Normal SINUS RHYTHM) ... I think I would go for AA..!!
Ans is A
thanks Antigen11..!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »