Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
score 76 -
rasika - rasika

do you get interviews with score of 76 on both the steps???/
NYfmg

Not sure.....but some folks did get family practice and one guy got anesthesia. It is going to be a little hard but is not impossible. Good luck.
Mts

First of all NYfmg you are a good guy and to rasika never loose hope and nothing is impossible. i know someone with 75 and 75 who got anesthesia in a very respectable place . have faith in god and yourself and everything can happen
mle

to NYfmg and Mts, could you please help regarding places which accept both scores in 70's.thanks
NYfmg

To all concerned. Let us face it that with the bloom of USMLE preparation courses fmgs are scoring higher nowadays. Just imagine, lots of them score in the 80s and 90s. So that makes it a little hard for people who score in the 70s.

It is hard to label any program which will accept low scores. But NY, Buffalo and Kentucky has some hospitals which will accept. Ofcourse those hospitals are not as good as the rest and the program is not as good and some candidates (esp US grads) do not want to apply there.

Some hospitals did not invite fmgs with 70s score for interviews. But when the openings were left half filled, they panicked and were accepting candidates who showed up even when they had score in 70s in a process called Post Match.

You might say...this is non specific. Any yes it is. Nowhere in the forum will you find anyone giving a list like this. Best way will be to take time out and pull a list orf hospitals in NY and KY and start calling them. They are honest and helpful. Ofcourse do not ask for the program director. Ask the secretary and she will provide you the necessary info.

And by the way...I hope you are not trying for Surgery or Dermatology. That would be very difficult. Try for FP, IM, Paeds or Anesthesia. Those will be reasonable options. By no means I am suggesting not to try for surgery or Derm....go ahead by all means........but you have to be real lucky to get that. Remember one thing....every case is individual.
mle

Thanks nyfmg, appreciate your response to my message.
sad experience

And, by the way, don't believe the old tales that it is easier to get interviews in the MidWest or somewhere else, compared to NY, NJ or PA. It's all in the past. The lower number of FMG's there is well compensated by much fewer programs and positions there. As a result, competition may be even higher in many regions. Apply in NY, NJ, PA.
ymn - yaman2009@lycos.com

Hi
Everything in match has a key ,try to look for it
i hope you good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »