Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step2 cs results -
img

atleast half a dozen uni. programs told me that they r waiting for the csa results in order to give more calls...
BU

to mg and all the over nervous people: relax and sit back. there is nothing you can do at this point. You did all you can do before and now you have to wait.
My impression is, that a number of programs are actually still in the review process. That inertly means you could get either rejections or interviews.
Most of the bigger programs only started the review process after Nov 1st. Since some of these programs have to deal with up to 4000 applications, that takes a while. Some people were atonishingly believing, that ON Nov. 1st all the interviews would pore in. I sometimes wonder, whether these people ever tried to imagine what's going on on the other side.
So as I said: sit back and enjoy. I know it means a lot to so many people on this forum. But first never forget your life still goes on and constantly painting everything black is not gonna help your mood...
mg

To BU, Are you in a residency program already?
It is difficult to sit back and ENJOY. Enjoy what? So much of preparation, time and money is at stake. Being ECFMG certified is everything for an IMG. Many programs dont even consider your application unless they receive your certified status. Many programs I talked to had no idea that I was not ECFMG certified because the exam result had been delayed so much. We have been victimized by NBME. They should have taken the data from ECFMG for IMGs. For AMGs, they could have gone on with their standardization process. But the fact is, ECFMG is going to ask for money to release their own data, and who wants to spend money for IMGs. Let them suffer, who cares?
BU

I am in the same situation as you are... but what are you going to do? Sue ECFMG? you could try? Honestly, I am not so sure about the enormous impact of being ECFMG certified at thos point. A lot of people have gooten interviews without being certified, including me, and although recently all i got are rejections I also know, that it will change again.
there is nothing you can change about the situation...
advisor

Got my ECFMG cert already. Luckily I took the CSA in Jan.

I got 8 interviews from 50 applications,

Good luck !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »