Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If NBME scores r good....what would you do? - usmleiosis
I am curious about something, maybe someone can help me out on this. ..
What if say, you get a decent NBME score or scores, that you are fine with, but you have not "perfected" FA...what would be your advice? Would you wait until you did perfect FA as much as possible with the time limit that you had, or would you not take the chance of postponing further and just do a quick review of selected things and rush to the exam?
I personally plan to do more NBMEs and am wondering about this, SHOULD I score OK. Have done only 1 and 1/2 readings of FA.
Thanks...I am looking forward to your suggestions.
you don't worry about perfection rather concentrate to your aimed score. If you are scoring within your targeted range then go for it.
docd.. I am worried about all those little details in FA. When I read that people did FA 3,4 or 5 times ..It kinda freaks me out to be honest. I'll be lucky to do 2 readings of it.

I would love to hear what the rest of you think....
I think every one is different and I know a lot of people who even have not taken single NBME not mentioning FA and med essentials, but they got above 90s. I don't think someone can memorize all those details and USMLE does not ask perfection at all. Basically they ask you to perform average under restricted time. Medicine is never enough, don't you think so? just know what they expect you from to know and get rid of the idea about perfection.
hi usmleiosis..
how many nbmes ve u taken? if u r not reading fa,thn wht r u reading?? some people use fa as the base with add ons,others might use some other book..so i think if ur scores r like u want ,u must be doing something proper...

gl..

if u can email me usmle100
Well I HOPE I am doing something proper or else I will give myself a big smack!!
But yeah I'm not fan of FA...kind of feel like I am the only one...bottom line is though that I still think it's important and guess I just have to suck it up and do at least 2 readings.
I have done NBME 1 and 2 offline and NBME 3 online. Will do the next soon.

BTW..I emailed you.
@usmleiosis what was ur correct % in nbme form 1 ...and 70% correct amount to what avg percentile score in MLE
@usmleiosis ,thx ,just sent u an email..plz reply whn u can .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »