Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my exam experience - pyschotic
I PROMISED TO COME BACK FOR THE REVIEW SO I AM HERE BUT I SALUTE ALL THE DOCS WHO ALLAYED MY ANXIETY BEFORE MY EXAM AND THE WONDERFUL SUPPORT FROM YOU ALL. THANKS TO DRJIGGY, WHOSE QUESTIONS WERE RIGHT COLLECTION SO I SUGGEST PLZ SEE HIS QUESTIONS AND DISCUSS WITH ALL THE POSSIBILITIES OF ANS LIKE THINK OF DIAGNOSIS, Ix AND Mx APART FROM THAT I WILL BE GIVING YOU MY Q AT THE END.

MY EXAM WAS ON 31ST OCT AND I HAVE FEW SUGGESTIONS:
1. DO THREE THINGS :
FIRST READ USMLE WORLD,
SECOND READ USMLE WORLD AND
THIRD READ USMLE WORLD

AND SUGGESTIONS TO ALL THE ENEMIESSSSSSSSSSS

keep on reading kap q bank, Underground clinical vignette, step up usmle or step down/ crush usmle or crush your self .

Advise to friends
I was surprised to see questions so similar to usmle world that i was laughing that they have really deciphered the exam.

do nbme i did 3 one question on P rosea came exactly same . Do 2007/2008 2-3 exact questions came : hemrrhagic corpus luteum, heparin induced thrombocytopenia

Do usmle world 6-7 times and kaplan books with videos and do ecg and dermatalogy practice on the links on the forum.

QUESTIONS:

1. DX of achalasia (lady with narrowing of oesophagus)
2. Hypovolemic shock (CO LOW, PCWP LOW)
3.Normal pressure hydrocephalus (triad given but they asked the mechanism - imparied csf/ overproduction of csf)
4. dx of alzeimer demetia
5. what is reduced in restrictive ds (FEV/FVC, TLC, ERV, IRV)
6. Q desribed by drjiggy same came in my exam on dementia pt whose husband is not willing to keep her in the nursing home and wife doing sexual advances Mx????
7. treatment of human papilloma virus
8. girl of 5 yrs talking at home but is silent in class.
9. treatment of toroutte syn
10. association of taurotte syndrome(adhd same q on uw surprised how well UW has mastered the exam prep )
11.wiskott aldrich (triad was given)
12. IgA deficiency mx (plz see the book remember it is not immunoglogin admistration)
13.Sheehans scenario - what is reduced= prolactin
14. tumour picture of spine and histolgy photo also given and asked which type of tumor -no idea )
15. dx of fetal alcohol syndrome
16 ethics: a 7 YEARS boy dx with ALL and chances of his survival with tt is 80% parents not ready to get him treated. what wii you do.
17incomplete abortion dx
18. complete abortion dx
19.pt with stab wound VITAL NORMALwhat next== laparotomy
20. DX OF pericardial tamponade
21. open hemothorax

i will soon send more q as i am extremely tired after the exam and have some v imp comitments but trust me i will keep on sending the q as i remember.

friends study by discussing and don't read too many books because time is a big factor there is so much material in the market that you will be tempted to read all of them. they can make you academically good but you might miss fire in the exam.

REMEMBER PLAY TILL THE END AS FINISHING IS MOST IMP IT IS NOT THAT HOW WELL YOU HAVE PREPARED RATHER HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO CARRY ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO GET IT CONVERTED INTO A POSITVE POINT IN THE EXAM BECAUSE IN STRESS YOU MIGHT FORGET.

USMLE IS A MARATHON AND IT IS A BLEND OF KNOWLEDGE AND ENDURANCE TEST.

ALL THE BEST FRIENDS FOR THE BEAUTUFUL JOURNEY OF STEP 2CK. HI BDJ THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR EXAM ON 6TH NOV.

PRAY FOR MY RESULT.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread