Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody 40 years old or more and study for exam? - mandana
My Dear Fellow Colleagues,
Again if someone was working 16 years as anesthesiologist –that is not good enough???
How that can be???
Working 16b years is much more than siting in your rear end for 14 hours and gets 99.Program directors will look exactly for this kind of fellow doctors who have e16 years’ experience and ménage to survive a WAR and work under war conditions. So, with a decent score and with that professional and Life experience (a war and some), age 40 is going to be ONLY a plus. My friend graduated at age 40 from NYI in anesthesiology and she was an experience anesthesiologist in her own country. My other IMG Friend graduated residency in oby –gyn at age 46 and now she lives in Boston.(not much experience in U.S before residency ). My cousin graduated residency at age 36 and now (43 y/o old) with a successful private practice (he was working 3 years a waiter to pay bills and survive and that skill helped Him to learn the US. Culture better and to have a successful practice bc before that he was only a book worm).
My other friend graduated residency in psychiatry at age 40 and he works at state hospital with a good pay and good hours. I am talking here from people that I know very well from first hand, not some kind of random statistics..
My husband is moonlighting for a fellow Iranian who is 47 years old who graduated at age 40 and He made a Christmas Party for his employees and He stated that 7 years ago,he had a dream to build a successful network team and guess what –he had 7 offices and doctors ,nurses, nurse practitioners and physicians assistants and manager work for Him.He has more energy than most of you here arguing about age and bunch of bs…
So,enjoy reading the real Life stories,not some kind of whatever..
Warmly Yours,
Antonella

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread