Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old IMGs and their chances of getting Residency - giroop2003
Hello all
I have graduated in 2000 and I have been studying continuously starting from Diploma in Family Medicine, Post Graduation certificate in Accident and Emergency Medicine, ALS, ATLS, FCCS, ADAMS, ITLS, MRCGP UK, MRCP UK, Diploma in Occupational Medicine, I have involved in forming guidelines for Antibiotics, Audit on URTI, Use of Quinolones, Misuse of X-ray for back Pain, Chest pain algorithm at primary care.

But I feel quite depressed when I read lot of sad story of many Old IMGs on USMLE FORUMS, I have scored 236 in step 1 and hoping to do better in CK and CS but feeling depressed after reading lot of stories on Forums. I have resigned from present job which is ACGME following hospital and also accredited by JCI to concentrate more on USMLE and to do some USCE as I did not got any leave.

I am also thinking of joining IMG Prep as I read in some Forum that they are not very great but in short they are helpful for Old IMG for preparing Proper application, writing personal statement and applyingright program for Old IMG

Guys please give your opinion

Thank you in advance

Dr.Gireesh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread