Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
susbtance abuse 4 - freshg2008
I'm talking in terms of substance abuse!
what other substance may produce similar symptoms
hey frehg2008,
is PCP not a correct answer?
Methyl alcohol?
I thought its PCP and started its DDx with gamma hydroxybutyrate/liquid ecstasy which also presents with nystagmus,increased aggression,ataxia but the heart rate is decreased(PCP tachycardia)............
Pls elaborate the things further.....Is it not the correct diagnosis
vijired has given anice clue.....but ethy not methy.....because Methy will lead to blindness(Formaldehyde)
i think putting 4-5 choices along with the question may make the discussion better........!
the answer is glue sniffing
clues buzz word poor homelss, crust around nose and mouth , unsteadygait and tremor(action on cerebellum) angry when confronted

why not pcp becoz patient is violent to the extent he will be breaking htings around ripping apart clothes ,severly agitated ,they think they have super human strengths

not leschnyan syndrome paitnet will have self mutilating effects u will find many bite marks n self
Thanks for correcting , Roentgen. I would NOT have arrived to that answer alone. I too thought that its PCP.
ans is sniffin glue
i think ans is.....inhalant/paint abuse-----crusting.....key point to note.Am i right fresh2008?????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »