Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@@@@@lets chain the mistakes@@@@@ - lasvegas
I forgot to drape one pt till she reminded me that sh ewas feeling real cold. And i apologised for being amiss. Then in a case of unconsciousness.....messed up big time. Didn't do a CNS exam almost at all. Cudn't counsel one vague case was out of time. Rest almost got it all.
com'n add more dude!
had you not made any mistake you wouldn't be looking here!!!!

HELP OTHERS.......HELP YOURSELF
hey do we hav to cover all the systems r ask only relevent questions.i hope u unserstand wat i mean.
Lasvegas, I don't think you are OK with the 17 year old, you already have the parent concent. In my opinion, for all those who came in gowns, you are suppose to do physical exam on them.

The mistakes I made:
I tried to shake hands twice with a patient who's in pain.
I forgot to consul anyone who smokes.
I let cranky patients get to me and rushed through questions and exminations.
I missed main points in the history taking, and physical exams.
I auscultated over the scapula for the first 6 patients. I wasn't thinking at that time.
My consultation was too simple, I just tell them I need more test to decide and will talk to them later.

path08,

well for the 17 yr old case, it could be what you have said. anyways, i think the "DOORWAY" information would have clearly mentioned what should be done (which i forgot now, amd may be didn't pay too much attention that time).

thanks for sharing your mistakes.

now, please help me here:

"would you shake hand with a person who has (left) hand/shoulder pain? or pain anywhere, or lets say has pain in back (right) and placing his/her right hand over it."

i absolutely forgot that we have to counsil........never did that......nor even told them the d/d or what examination i would be doing.....just told them that i would be doing some tests on you and we will meet after your tests result comes.

HOPE MORE MISTAKES POUR IN......................

Hi Friends,

i forgot to do fundoscopy in a pt who is hypertensive and came with lt shoulder pain.
for clarification i did shake the sp hands.
i could not do the closure in a depressed pt becuase of lack of time.
i made the sp lie down and get up twice as i had to do CVS examination and for untieing the gown
now tell me ...........if a case warrants "HOSPITAL ADMISSION" should we counsil the patient to be admitted to the hospital................. remember
"CHEST PAIN"
"PAIN ABDOMEN"
"SYNCOPE"
"SUICIDAL TENDENCY" etc etc.....
I failed the CIS with narrow margin
My Mistakes:
I did not drape about 2 patients, the rest I drape them after HX or before FE.
I did not wash my hand four times. One patient reminded me to wash my hand
I did not counsel very well,
I did not summarise after history taking
I did not smile may be because i was tensed up or anxiety
I did not admit two patients
well here is what i got today...if you ask apatient do you smoke.....patient says no then you should ask did you smoke before....you will be suprised to see he will say yes for twenty years and i stopped a few days ago....and then you can counsel...im so happy you have stopped ....please continue like this.....it afffects your lungs blah....

also if you suspect the patient may need surgery say i will need to take consent...if required later...
smile a lot....take a minute outside to collect your questions outside so that you dont act like you are thinking inside...
also dont be too strict about pam hugs foss...in that order...go with the flow...if patient says i fell down during work say ok what do you do for a living right then dont wait till you reach the o of foss...
Well Dr.gem, mine is the same case. I did all the steps required for CIS but flunked it narrowly while scoring higher on ICE and SEP. I asked every pt if they had a question and smiled almost appropriately all the time. I personally think it was sheer luck, otherwise it was prejudice exercised against us.( I know of people who didn't counsel atleast 6 pts of 12 and they passed CS in first attempt).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »