Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please, some help for a chilean MD -
eddy - delcarmenge

Daniel
I am a domincan american I graduated from UNIBE in Santo Domingo. Very good program. I am doing Kaplan center prep. If you are too busy you should do Kaplan on-line and the first aid. Read a lot and you will pass. Don't forget to do questions. God bless. Dios te bendiga y guie.
David - davidcacerescaceres

Estimado Daniel, si estás pensando dar el Step 1 en Junio de este año y aún no has comenzado tu preparación es bueno que primero veas cuanto tiempo al día dispones para estudiar.
Lo recomendable es dedicarle por lo menos de 4 a 6 horas diarias 6 días a la semana, un día debes dedicarlo a hacer algo completamente diferente y deber prepararte 4 meses por lo menos
Debes elegir de que libros va a estudiar, la colección Kaplan es buena, pero los los libros cuestan como 500 dólares en los estados unidos, y asistir a uno de los cursos de preparación del 6 semanas de Kaplan es caro, como 3,500 dólares, sin contar pasajes y estadía.
Por lo que te recomiendo que si puedes te consigas los libros de Kaplan o los de la colección Lippincott, ambos son buenos, y depende cual se adecue más a tu forma de estudiar.
La colección First Aid es buena, pero como libro de revisión, difícilmente lograrías pasar estudiando sólo de ahí, aunque algunos lo han logrado.
Lamentablemente todos los capítulos son importantes, y si bien es bueno darle importancia a los que uno domina, uno no debe descuidar los que uno no domina, porque eso te puede cortar el examen.
Si estás haciendo residencia puede que no tengas mucho tiempo para estudiar, así que toma las cosas con calma sobre todo si estás en el primer o segundo año, me imagino que no debes de tener tiempo para nada
Yo soy médico peruano, estoy viviendo en California, y me estoy dedicando a estudiar a tiempo completo, he dejado el trabajo que venía realizando momentaneamente para poder dar el examen. Si bien tengo el Kaplan lo uso como un libro de consulta, y estoy utilizando la colección lippinckot y el first AID, pienso dar el STEP 1 en Abril o Mayo a más tardar.
Una cosa que no debes de descuidar es el idioma, leer las preguntas consume tiempo, y si uno no entiende bien el inglés, se pierde más tiempo aún, así que te recomiendo que leas inglés, no necesariamente libros de medicina, puedes leer noticias en inglés en las página web del New York Times, o de la BBC de Londres eso te ayudaría a incrementar tu vocabulario. Por último te recomiendo hacer semanalmente o cada dos semanas, simulacros de exámenes, con 100 o 200 preguntas, en bloques de 50 preguntas por hora para que te acostumbres al ritmo del examen, eso me ayudó mucho en el STEP 2.
Espero haberte ayudado un poco
Suerte
David
Spanish

It estimated Daniel, if you are thinking to give the Step 1 in June of this year and not yet have begun your preparation is good that first see as much as time to the day arrange to study. The recommendable thing is to dedicate him at least from 4 to 6 daily hours 6 days to the week, a day you should dedicate it to do something completely different and to should prepare you 4 months at least should elect that books is going to study, the collection Kaplan is good, but the the books cost as 500 dollars in the united states, and to attend one of the courses of preparation of theWeeks of Kaplan is expensive, as 3,500 dollars, without counting passages and estadía. For which I recommend you that if you are able obtain you the books of Kaplan or the of the collection Lippincott, both are good, and depends which be adapted more to your form to study. The collection First Aid is good, but as book of revision, with difficulty you would achieve to pass studying only from there, although some have achieved it. Lamentably all the chapters are important, and though is good to give him importance to the ones that one dominates, one should not neglect the ones that one does not dominate, because that you can cut the exam. If you are doing residence it is able that you do not have a great deal of time to study, so it takes the things with calm above all if you are in the first or second year, I imagine that you should not have time for I I am nothing medical Peruvian, I am living in
California, and I am dedicating me to study on time complete, I have left the job that came carrying out momentaneamente to be able to give the exam. Though I have the Kaplan it use as a book of consultation, and I am utilizing the collection lippinckot and the first AID, I think to give the STEP 1 in April or May to more delay. A thing that you should not neglect is the language, to read the questions consumes time, and if one does not understand well the English, time is lost more still, so yourself I recommend that you read English, not necessarily books of medicine, you can read news in English in the page web of the New York Times, or of the BBC of London that would help you to increase your vocabulary. Finally I recommend you to do weekly or each two weeks, simulacros of exams, with 100 or 200 questions, in blocks of 50 questions for hour so that become accustomed you to the rhythm of the exam, that helped me a great deal in the STEP 2. I expect to to have helped a little Luck David

David, thanks for good information.
heidi

Are you still around ? I think I maybe able to help!
Let us know if you still around
heidi
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »