Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last but not the least, EASY one for the morning ! - triplehelix
d.
so wats the ans?
The answer is B.

This patient has Lemierre's disease, jugular vein suppurative thrombophlebitis, or postanginal septicemia. First described by Lemierre in 1936 , in this disease young adults develop septic thrombophlebitis 3 to 10 days after a sore throat, exudative tonsillitis, or peritonsillar abscess. Infection of the deep pharyngeal tissues extends to the lateral pharyngeal space that includes the jugular vein and carotid artery. Bacteremia may lead to septic pulmonary and systemic emboli. The infection classically is due to Fusobacterium necrophorum. In the presence of poor dentition or malnutrition, Bacteroides would be a consideration. Intravenous drug abuse would make staphylococcus more likely. Rhizopus (zygomycosis) is usually seen in diabetic patients with poor control or immunosuppressed patients. Gonococcal pharyngitis may disseminate to the joints but rarely causes sepsis.
ya triple helix,this is the most EASY q. I have ever seen...Don't post such EASY q...it discourages us...
ya triple helix,this is the most EASY q. I have ever seen...Don't post such EASY q...it discourages us...
dransal,
you seem to be very disappointed, lol !!
Unfortunately, I got this question correct !!!
In fact, I have a publication on this bacteria, I worked on this !!
but in the exam mostly u wont see uncommon cases like this, i feel ,
n if this question is going to be in EXAM, then the answer vl be DDD
As --
it is the common
most abcess forming
n with air fluid levels any where in body.

correct me if i am wrong
well, this Q is from Harrison
I think he can explain better than me ! lol..
Hey everyone! I've been gone from the forum sick and traveling all weekend. I see I missed out on a lot of interesting Q like Lemierre's disease...

sounds more like a Harrisons Q than USMLE..lol

TH, what's going on?
welcome bernie !
how was ur weekend ? we missed you !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »