Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology Trick Q - pathmagician
ddddddddd
pathmagician

next Q please, the Qs you posted are really good.
a fish mouth of mitral valve...its in the goljan audio lect in cvs
im sorry to say but this q is technically wrong.
long time suffereing lead to death with right heart effected (dialated jugular vein, hepatosplenomegaly etc) means really long time. and heart with time get hypertrophed and when congestion starts it results into thinning of cardiomyocytes thats why every CHF due to any reason shows low voltage in lead V1 to V6.

i think u should reconsider your Q. dont get offended i already confirm the wrong tecnicality of Q.

your asnwer would be right if the problem was not very old yes in that case E is the right choice and pt would have been living.

agree with physician cardiomyocyte get thin in CHF thats the reason it dialates.

yup agree wrong Q
yes all signs are of endstage heart cant be hypertrophied.

agree pretty nice point.

wrong q but thats how we all learn
agree with physician

yes my friend its good to make qs but dont make q which require sensitivity since we are not masters yet. simple q ok but other we are not ready and infact it never help the forum instead we all will answer wrong in actual exam.

good point physician thats the reason i never pay attenion to self produced insensitive qs.

one step reasoning q we all can make but dont go deep even u know u r not ready for that.

GL

THX physician
no the question is right.. the hemodynamics in AR lead to eccentric hypertrophy.. eccentric hypertrophy is the dilated LV so it appears thinned out.. it occurs in volume overload.. this is a classic presentation of Chr RHD with AR.. usually for aortic valve to be affected mitral valve would hav already been affected and this may speed up the right heart failure.. guys jus think twice before questioning the integrity of the question..

No offence..

pathmagician go on i really like ur qs.. nice concepts..
eccentric hyperophy will be thinned and hypertrophied. So heart will look dilated. exactly what you are saying....
yes E would be a right choice if pt was not longterm ill and dead.
hepatomegaly and jugular vein distention can u imagine the extent of situation.

agree with physician 100%

thx for pointing it out physician
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »