Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Anesthesilogy rejection thread - homie
hey your scores are not bad. Apply as many places as you can afford, but do it wisely (do your homework!). Preliminary surgery is easier to get into than any other one year residency cause it is more demanding and hours are tougher.

k, so these days I'll compile a PS for surgery and apply for 10 programs, just in case
I got one rejection from Advocate-Illinois Masonic Medical Center Program chicago
what are your credentials?
I remember being rejected by advocate illinois masonic right out of the bat... They want permanent legal residents only, which sucks!

Places were I got ivs, mayo rochester, U new mex, jackson memorial miami, yale, toledo. For preliminary got only 4 ivs, bronx leb surg, mayo roch surg, henry ford transitional, hospital of st raphael im.

I think is way too early to get ivs at this point, I know guys how it feels is frustrating but dont expect to get them within the first two weeks of the process.
Hang in there!

Today I am off so I will be willing to answer any questions you may have.

Thx for your contributions Mazinger,

I intend to apply for gen surg hopefully get a categorical spot. Do you know any one out of the guys in the forum that got a categorical spot? If so, where and any thing special. Or are we restricted to prelim.

Thx

lopo
Mazinger tell us about jackson memorial. there have you matched? what do you know about it? I'd like to work there so much.
I didnt match at jackson memorial (and thank GOD not in toledo), umh was 5 on my list... my impression was that it is a workhorse program, you will work your ass off in there (which is good in my book)! The interview was absurd, if you ever get invited you will see what I mean; annoying & irritating questions..

Dude I was not the only img who had a hard time during that interview.

There is even a rumor that one img applicant got kicked out of the iv room by the pd, as I said is just a rumor.. My impression of the pd was..... ..... ...... ...... ..... unimpressed by him....
I didnt realize he was the pd until the end of the day. I was telling myself "dude who is this guy???"... Then I found out he was the pd, in fact....

Anyways, if you ever get invited go with your mind open and take my words as a grain of salt. About getting into the program try to get in touch with the associate pds: dollar brantley and shawn banks, they seem to be working very hard for the program... it is a very competitive program for imgs!
GL
dear lopo, surgery cat very competitive for imgs, I would say as competitive as rads (for imgs), there should be someone that woud have matched as a categorical, but no one that I know of...
You could be the first person I talk to that will match in surg cat, bottom line try your best.
God, you people are freaking out for nothing.

Whatever you do, don't be a dumbass and apply for prelim surgery. You will get ASSRAPED until your rectum starts to bleed profusely. As for anesthesia. apply wide and a lot. I matched into anesthesia last year but this year I hear there are more applicants from US schools.

p.s. also use deodorant. helps alot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »