Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is counseling right after social Hx ? - anemee
Hi docnik,

Your tips are really helpful.I got my results y'dy n I couldnt clear it.It was a big shock for a student like me who topped the medical school throughout.My performance was below borderline in interpersonal communication skills only.What should I do to improve it?

Can we stand in front of pt. n check weather we have asked all the Qs ,at the end of everything?Did you tell all the pts a no of D/Ds? and a specific diagnosis?Do we have to remove n fold the drape after we r done?
nice q
hey sonat im really sorry to hear that u didnt make it.. i hope ull pass the next time..

Hmm about checking the questions asked in front of the patient.. i dont think thats the right thing to do...You can ask the patient if u missed anything in the history...but im sure they wont add a thing...nobody did wen i gave my exam...i missed many question in every case ( as compared to Uworld)...but to minimize missing questions I wrote in my scrap paper which systems i had to ask questions about (outside the doorway)... for eg, in a case of palpitation i wrote cvs, thyroid, cns(anxiety) and entered the room.... during preparation for cs i had made a note of things i had to ask for each system...

Most of the cases i didnt tell the sps the exact d/ds..eg .i said there is something wrong with ure lungs, heart or brain...thats it...

And we dont have to remove and fold the drapes ...

I hope this helps..if u have any other question let me know...
hey docnik
pls explain about pt note.pls correct or add to pt note post in forum .tanks
hey docnik, can u pls mail me at
neverstop4life
i'm prepg cs wid fa+uw
hey anemee ...i didnt give much time to patient notes wen i was preparing for cs..... during the exam i followed the first aid pattern...in many cases (4 or 5) didnt write 5 d/d or labs...10 mins is more than enough...so i think u dont have to worry much about the patient note...just do wats written in first aid...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »