Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT!! extention of EXTENDED eligibility .... - divu
I called ECFMG and asked for extension. This was my second extension. ECFMG representative told me that I have to apply again since you are allowed to have ONLY one extension. Then I asked her about Extension due to swine flu, she said that send me fax that include NAME, ECFMG IDENTIFICATION #, REASON FOR EXTENSION (SWINE FLU), WHAT STEP YOU WANT TO EXTEND (STEP1, OR STEP2, OR STEP 3) AND SIGNATURE. I LIVE IN US.

COVER PAGE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: ECFMG From: XXXXXXXX
Cc: Date Sent: 8/6/09
Phone: (215) 386-5900 Number of Pages: 2
Fax: (215) 386-9196
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LETTER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECFMG
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685
USA

Subject: Eligibility period extension for STEP 1

Since last week, I am battling a cold, which had me sniffling, blowing my nose, sneezing, fever, diarrhea, and dealing with watery and at times painful eyes. Many times the thought, 'could I be getting swine flu?' crossed my mind. I have fear that I can get swine flu. I am so scared that I stay home and have minimized contact with others. Right now, the World Health Organization considers us to be in a Phase 6 pandemic alert level and India officially record 21st swine flu death couple of days ago which scares me even more.
I am concerns about my safety due to outbreak of influenza and so I would like to extend my eligibility period for STEP 1 till December. Please take my request in consideration.

Name:

USMLE™/ECFMG® Identification Number:

EMAIL:

Thank you,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I send fax on 6th august and today I got email, (COPY OF EMAIL)

Dear Doctor,

Per your request, please be advised that ECFMG® has canceled your current registration for the USMLE® Step 1 examination in response to your concerns about the ability to test safely due to the H1N1 Influenza pandemic.

ECFMG credited the examination fee which you had paid for this examination back to your ECFMG financial account. You may subsequently reapply for this same examination using the credit at any time in the future so that you may take the examination at a time which is most appropriate for you.

Sincerely,

Registration and Credentials Services
ECFMG

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT APPLICANT INFORMATION SERVICES AT (215) 386.5900 OR info@ecfmg.org
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOPE THIS HELP.

Squidward , Bilimora ....THANX A LOT .........it was a GREAT HELP from both of u...............wil definitely do accordingly 2morrow ..........thanx once again ........may both of u score 99!!!! GUDLUCK n GOD BLESS U............
hey,
pl send fax to ecfmg, u will get it for sure.
try it,
hi guys,
do you need to call ECFMG first before sending the fax?
thanks
@ Squidward , Bilimora, divu can you guys please help me out as i aam in the same situation as you guys...
my extended eligibility ends 31 aug and i think i am not prepared for the exam
i need somone to guide me how to extend it again and how many days does it take...

i really need your help
plz help me out as i have only 1 week left till my extented eligibility ends...

any help would be greatly appreciated
thankyou
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »