Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS failed..please help in CS result Interpretation - drcsrepeat
i had asked few qs so my english was ok but I failed in data gathering.
guy I don't know if my post will be for any help. this is my experience, if that can help...........
my first language is french and english is still a big challenge cause i did my medical studies in french.
i was really scared for the cs. first i make my own notes, one way to ask short but complete questions (kaplan audio and fisrt aid helped me definitively), never change (guess for you guys, that's not big deal)
then i practice by speaking really clear and SLOWLY (but not too too slowly also), learn how to say clearly the ends of words, the t like the d....
Exam day: got two " what was that" (one was telephone cases) and ask by myself 2 times ' could you please repeat' the rest went smoothly. i am doing an externship right now and i am really grateful (seem like i am the only one to have that feeling) to the cs cause i am still using my Cs skills prep

in short, i 'll say for SEP: short, clear question, speak SLOWLy and don't forget the ends of words

hope this help
dude!.....dont worry abt ur so called "indian accent"screwing u up!its not ur accent...its just something called FATE..sometimes somethings happen which are not under ur control...have faith in god buddy!..
the indian accent may sound weird to americans but trust me,"its the easiest accent to UNDERSTAND"compared to all the other accents-this from my american frnds.profs etc!!
if u try changing ur accent and try talking very very slowly,u will only loose time!..m sure u know how imp time is for this exam..
jus my two cents
good luck
HI,

I suffered the same thing. got astericks in ICE, very high in CIS , but failed SEP.
I am a nigerian , and have spoken english all my life. still confused, but have to take CK in a few days.
hi,

just to add my exam was in philly
I failed SEP 2 times. I passed ICE and CIS with high score. MY SEP is just below Border line ( just below gray zone). All the patents understand me and I understand what they said. Now I am struggling to pass my SEP.
hello! I was born here, and though I finished my medicine elsewhere, English is the language I'm most comfortable with...I think in it, it's my primary language, and I was so pissed that though in the higher end, my grading on SEP was not as high as the other components, and i suspect it's bcz I don't LOOK like a native. YES, I think it's prejudice.....In fact, I'm certain. And after all SEProficiency is supposed to test if you have command over the language, not whether you can speak in a specific accent...
speak slowly ,ask the simple questions , use the smerican english expression patterns
hey guys,

You know, that kind of prejudice make us feel down. We can't apply the programs that mentioned CS ist attempt. I 'm so mad about that. I failed SEP one time although i 'm working and speaking Eng all the time. But in exam, i want to finish all cases in 15 mins so I talked fast and I have accent.

That's really painful while searching programs. How we can change CS attempt criteria shd not be in their requirements?
Hello
I have the same problem as you do. I failed SEP twice. I passed the rest 2 components with high score. In the exam I understand the patients and they understand me. I don't understand how they score SEP.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »