Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nutrition qn... - ksayona
no whole egges
only egg yolk at 8 month
so...kaplan feeding behavior chat says 4-6mos we introduce iron fortified cereal
thus C
c)?

no whole eggs/citrus till 1 yr old.
6 months--->cereals n fruits
7 months--->meats n vegetables
7-8---->egg yolks
8-9---->egg white

H?
G. since the author says c is not the answer, because human milk is low in vit. K.
a)add whole eggs as they are the greatest source of proteins
no whole eggs..only egg-yolk till 1 year

b)add grapefruit juice which is a good source for vitamin C
no orange, pineapple, grapefruit or tomato juice till 1 year..only unsweetened fortified vit c juice

c)add iron-fortified oats
this would confuse masses! yes iron-fortified cereals is to be started at 4-6 months but which cereal to start with??? its always RICE..to begin with...avoid wheat, oat and barley till 6 months of age..coz of risk of allergy

d)switch to soy based formula
no

e)start soft meat
strained meat started at 6-8 months..but soft meat is started at around 8-9 months only..

f)initiate dental care

g)begin vit k supplementation
US hospitals give Vit K at birth...memorize this! if its said delivery outside hospital then only think of giving vit k supplement..and you would not want to wait till 6 months for that!

h) start water around 5 oz 4-5 times a day
yes water can be started at 6 months but no more than 2-4 oz, 2 times a day..you will cause dilutional hyponatremia if giving excess water...

This leaves with option F)...dental care can be initiated once infant is 6 months or older...

source: AAP says that " Dental problems can begin early. A big concern is Early Childhood Caries (formerly known as baby bottle tooth decay or nursing caries). Once a child™s diet includes anything besides breast-milk, erupted teeth are at risk for decay. The earlier the dental visit, the better the chance of preventing dental problems. "

but he is already 6 month old so why not oats??
Always great questions Ksayona....thanks, however, I concur with Shamte...what do you say?
well i referred many sources and they say its always safer to start on rice..I mean those two options are controversial..dont worry real exam doesnt have contradictory options..
hi ksayona,can u plz post q on nuttriton,since i have not done much on it thanks doc
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »