Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this a sensible question? - thrombolyser
why not D?
ptsd causing stress ulcer??
hi thrombo, i remeber this question very well & i'll not forget it, because it take time to convince me
yea it's not sensible question agree, full of tricks!
i think i chose PTSD
after that i came to a conclusion that they want us to think that ca pancrease ca present with depression [wont forget it!]
pt with chronic sub dural hematoma present with fluctuating level of consciousness( personality changes, dementia, confusion,headache, drowsiness), they are mostly elderly which our pt is not or they are alcoholic.

so i ll still go with pancreatic cancer
toha actually in the erxplanation they didnt talk about depression from pancreas but they said that considering his h/o fall and symptoms of tiredness chronic subdural hematoma may have developed.
aaz though answer is pancreatic cancer
I choose subdural hematoma(its not necessary that subdural cant develop in nonalcoholic and young)
what I understand from UW explanation is that he has both pancreatic cancer and subdural
my simple q is if pt has both problems at a time which 1 to choose as a dx in this type of qs
welcome toha.
and also if ur reasoning is right is it atypical depression from ca pancreas(sleepiness tiredness) if not whats the cause of cns features?
hello all
@thrombo
panc CA is highly associated with depression more than any tumour
subdura hematoma = alcoholic + eldelry
i dont think he has both problems, in real world ya pt could have many diseases exist at a same time but in exam esp if asking only dx , there shd be only 1 dx.

Still if explanation suggest both possibilities go with one with more clues.

wt loss, abd pain interfereing sleep, anorexia...cancer

sleepiness,tiredness with h/o fall 2 months ago..i think pt with chronic subdural hematoma are more sick , though not necessary loose consciousness but their mental status is deteriorating and present in weeks to month.I mean they wont present after 2 moths of fall.

Does it make sense..this is my understanding...wht u say
i think i saw this question i kaplan q bank, yes i do
CSDH, has to be ELDELY + alcoholic, lucid interval, headach, memory probems, possible focal signs, and yes sleepy
ASDH yes in young but with sever injury like VMA [RTA]
i don't remeber the explanation well, but after i start revising ca pancrease, they mention that pt may present with depression, and this question came immediatly to my mind! that is it Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »