Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Advice for Everyone Who Didn't Match - pinkfloydbeatles
My Email address is pinkfloydbeatles

I see someone asking about USCE for next year. its too early to ask about that

Remember you guys need to stay positive for scramble.

there are 45 programs total you can apply through ERAS
on first day of scramble you can apply to 30 programs
2nd day - 10 programs
3rd day - 5 programs

I would advice everyone to apply to 22 FM and 8 Prelim Surgery programs
and next day more programs from these two specialties.

FM and Prelim Surgery are your best chances in scramble, all other specialties are virtually impossible.

Also try calling all the remaining programs but I most of the programs dont take applications outside ERAS for scramble. So no point Faxing the documents and signing up for scramble services as it is a waste of Money.

99% of programs only take applications thru ERAS for Scramble
hey pickfloydbeatle please check your mail.
hi pink.......thanks for your inspiring story.
i have double 99 score and 2008 graduate......applied for only IM , didnt match.
this is my first match. i am willing to apply for prelim surg, med, ped anything now. desperately want to get a position.
do you think we have to fax or call the program or just apply thru eras ? i didnt expect this tragedy and i am not prepared. please help me.

Personal Statement is someone you should write yourself.
I know it seems difficult to write but promise me start writing it now and you will be able to come up with a new one in a few hours.

USE your current PS as a model and modify according to the specialty ie Prelim Surgery or FM or Psych.
And whatever you come up with should be your personal story and not someone else's.
Dont try to copy as a false PS reflects in your interview.
How can I find unfilled program , Im not registered to NRMP Sad
didnt match , dont registered for NRMP , how can I find unfilled programs ?

Sorry I have no idea if you get the unfilled list and can participate in scramble if you have not applied to atleast 1 program in the NRMP match.

May be someone might post a list online tomorrow.
Tnx for your advice. I have two questions
1. do we need separate lors for surg prelim
2. do we need fax machine
plzzzzzzzz reply
1) No there is no need for separate LOR for Prelim Surgery or Prelim Med
2) According to My experiences in the last two years, None of the programs I faxed my documents, replied. The programs receives thousands of calls and Documents and generally I think most of them only take applications thru ERAS Scramble.
I would also suggest calling other programs. I know only 1 or 2 might pick up your phone but keep on trying and calling programs other than the 45 programs you applied to.
Scan all your ERAS Documents and sign up for a monthly free trial of an Internet FAX service like efax or myfax and if someone picks up your phone, you can fax all your scanned documents thru internet faxing service
My two cents from experience...
I think you can apply to all the 45 program on the day one, though there is limit to no. of new programs and previously applied programs and you do not pay any more fees.

Pathology like Psych looks for a very specific experience in the field, so I do not think that is good option.

DO not get into TRAPS of any professional agency, ONLY ERAS applications are received and Reviewed. Apply as quick as possible when the un-matched positions open.

Also, yes its not end, if you did not match, its a beginning for something new and better. It may be you need to gain more experience (USCE or in Canada). Last yr., I did not match, but since then I gained more experience, learned new things, completed Step 3 and this yr. did match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »