Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you all....99/235...finally its over - stalinmbbs
CONGRATULATION !! Stalin

great score.happy for u.
Congratulations Stalin. Excellent score as expected Smile Good luck for CS... Smile
Hi, an awesome score! Best of luck with the rest of journey!
How similar is the real test to UW Q bank, US Self assessment or NBME forms questions style?
Thank you and congrats again on the great score.
CONGRATULATIONS STALIN.. U DID IT...
Congratulations stalin.. did u read kaplan material?
@bbnsky, @drgastro, @sheeom - thanks a lot...Wish u gL too

@sarm - I gave my exam on march 31st

@antidote - I studied for a total of 9 months but didnt study totally for 2 months during christmas season....so effective i can say was 7 months of fulltime effort...
I had read kaplan notes twice during the beginning month...but later realised it was the same like MTB with too much explanations and irrelevant points....
I wud say u can totally skip the kaplan part if u read mtb word to word....saves a lot of time...

ALSO THE KAPLAN QBANK IS JUNK....

@gusmle

my nbme dates are
October 2010 - nbme 4 - 410
feb 1st 2011 - nbme 1 - 320
march 10th 2011 - nbme 3 - 430
march 20th 2011 - nbme 2 - 450
march 21st 2011 - uwsa - 620

I went thru so much stress for this exam that i remember the exact dates when i took all these exams
510 in any nbme is good score and i wud say just revise ur stuff and take the exam soon before u forget anymore....but revise all nbme and uwsa too

@ shanma
i mentioned the nbme dates above....dont worry about nbme scores...they dont predict anythign anymore....they are outdated....so just if ur consistent and feel confident about ur preparation take the test....as the ques in real exam are total aliens and u have to use ur mind there and understand and answer

@ ia , @ drock, @ SARIM - THANKS A TON

Hey guys where have u been....Its so nice to see u all here....wish we had all teamed up here too like for step1....it was so much fun and enthusiasm in step1
Hi many congrats....u did great!!Smile Did u do first aid step one?im thinking to revise step 1 stuff to brush up the concepts...do u think it will b helpful in real exam? N did u have any time management prob in the exam? Thanks
u didnt answer my Q stalinmbbs
@ anticonvulsant

Dude Relax
My friends gave me the best Drama artist award after the melodrama i did post my exam...So i guess its a common experience for all.....
Yes the ques in my test were so vague, so long and half of them total alien concepts....but still since its a standardised test....i think i ended up with a good score....
Just relax and dont think about the exam...

@babanya

the real test was very much tougher than any of the material we had(atleast for me)..they were way longer than UW....or nbme....
a set of ques in my test had 23 options A-V.
most of the ques were like 10-17 options atleast
very few ques with standard 5 options

lenghty is the real word for them.....They are all EXTRA LONG...XXXXL

But still i was able to finish all the blocks in time and had about 5 min in each block to revise marked ques....except in one block where i had missed last 2 ques bcoz of lack of time...

@ jia
thanks.I did FA for step1...and loved it....But didnt have time to read it now though.....just went thru glycogen & lysosome storage disorders and biostats from that....it is helpful but dont spend more than 3-4 days on it....not everything is useful...only clinical stuff

@thaaj
I read kaplan notes twice during first month. No help. never revised.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »