Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Query -------? - sarim
Smile
but you know...this is a cross section. The actual diagrams of the abdominal orgrans or even the rest of the body is not a cross section. Yeah?
Q in Form 7 block 3 q# 36
Sarim...the answer is D. Which is supplied by PICA.
Lateral Medullary Syndrome: since they are pointing towards the lateral portion of the medulla.
I felt as if i didn't do a good enough job at explaning this. The reason why i was sayin that portion is the Right side of the medulla is mainly because, the pt is having Loss of sensation of the R side: meaning...loss of Spinal V nucleus(ipsilateral), and loss of sensation on the Contralateral side: STT(contralateral). They don't talk about which side the Pt. is having hte Ataxia towards, or else, that is mainly due to the ICP destruction, thats also going to be Ipsilateral.
But mainly dude, they're just wanting you to answer by looking at the cross section of the medulla and knowing it being the lateral portion of it. I hope it helped.

To sum it up, Q33 on section 2 in the same nbme...i chose the answer to be F. Which was not correct, cause i tired and i didn't thnk of it being contralateral symptoms. In that picture they have it listed. The correct answer is E
thank u spaceman83.

-yes i know that the answer is "D" but my query is not about that.

-now do u and saad agree that when u are looking at the "cross section" , the Rt side of the picture is the Rt side of the pt ?

thanks.
No, I don't agree. I still believe that the R side of the picture is the left side of the patient whether it is MRI/CT, anatomy diagram, or section (if it is not labeled). I think it is only true when you look at the mirror then the right side of the picture is your right sideSmile Please correct me if I am wrongSmile
@sarim and @spaceman83: How can I see those questions (# 36 (block3) and # 33(block2) ) again? It seems I answered those questions correct on online NBME; and you know now they are not shown when I try and pull the answers. I get only the incorrect answers. Could you, guys please tell me how I can see those questions again. Is it possible to show me on this forum?
I also have my skype: s_usmle
Thanks so much!
NOOO! i think i'm right.
But, if anyone has a better explanation to this, that'd be great. Sarim?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »