Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sign of a pre-match? - match88
@cisplatinum

I really think you need to calm down and concentrate on your other interviews. The email that you got sounds really generic and you really should not infer much from it. I have gotten maybe three or four replies like that myself.

When a program wants to offer you a prematch, they will say that "I am offering you a position in our pgy-1 class." They will not be vague.
This mail is generic u think belleandsebastian?

Yes call the PD on Monday and state is there any possibility to get a prematch.

State the reason for your pre-math.

Mine was, I have to move my family from UK and I would like to have a smooth transition to the residency program.

And if given the offer you would focus on the transition into the program rather than attending other interviews.

Thats exactly what I said.

Ben
Thanks dr. Ben.
And I got thru mail thru eras.. i thought I forgot to mention tat...
GL cisplatinum! Hope you get prematch at this program and prove me wrong.
Belleandsebastian I am genuinely asking u.. plzz don't get me wrong...
I agree with belle here.

The timeline as to when you should get an answer for prematch should have been something you should have asked in the interview.

Just give them some more time. If they want you, they will get back to you. You already did your bit, stated you are interested in a pre-match offer.

Ben
@ belleandsebestian after couple of days of my interview I was contacted by pc that two more faculty members would like to meet with me. The meeting will be for an hour. What is your opinion about this scenario?
I think I will not even rank that program high. I only wanted to get a prematch because I really liked it, and my family will need some time for transition for having a special situation. They should at least respond to my email and say anything like we are still considering, upon approval.... but not replying is unprofessional. This is my opinion!
@spring2011
I think that is a good sign that they are calling you back.

@mus80
Some programs may want to play by book and not correspond with applicants. At one of my interviews, the PD made it very clear that they will not contact us because they didn't want to assert additional pressure during our ranking process. At another program, the PD said that they will contact us all in 7-10 days to ask if we have any more questions and then no more. Granted, these are university programs who don't offer prematch.

If you like the program, then you should rank them highly. the ranking algorithm works to the applicant's advantage, so rank the programs according to where you want to be.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »